Bianca Robinson, our Medical Home Care Coordinator, wants you to know:
Termination notices related to past due premiums are being mailed to current Commonwealth Care members who have failed to pay at least 60 days of premium.
These notices will inform members that their health coverage has ended because of failure to pay for 60 days of past due premiums or more, but that they can re-enroll in their health plan if they pay at least 60 days of overdue premiums. As a reminder, payment is due by the 25th of the month in order to have coverage effective the first of the following month.
- The notice will be sent by the Health Connector and will not be available for display in My Account Page.
- Members who have been terminated should still re-apply through the Health Connector if they no longer have any coverage. They could be eligible for new plans and/or new ways to save money on the cost of health insurance.
- Apply online at MAhealthconnector.org or by completing a paper application.
Members with questions about their Commonwealth Care premiums should contact the Commonwealth Care Customer Service Center at 1-877-MA-ENROLL (1-877-623-6765), TTY 1-877-623-7773.
The Health Connector
1) The Federal Poverty Guidelines for Masshealth have also increased as of 3/1/2014 by 1.5%, so if you did not qualify before you may qualify now.
2) If you need more information on the ends and outs of resources, services, and insurance check out www.disabilityinfo.org