The groups listed below will be offered by South Bay Mental Health- Plymouth Mental Health Clinic 50 Aldrin Road, Plymouth MA 02360
Active Parenting Group
- This group focuses on parenting skills for mothers and fathers, and addresses appropriate discipline strategies and communication skills with the family. This group currently has just ended. If interested in a future group and would like more information, please contact the Director at 508-830-0000 ext: 16.
Nurturing Fathers/Mothers Parenting Group
- This is a group for parents that focus on managing the stress of parenting. Participants will increase their knowledge of child and adolescent development; learn to manage positive and negative behaviors; learn appropriate discipline strategies; learn how to play and have fun with their children; and learn how to improve communication skills between parent and child. All participants have the Department of Children and Family involvement. The Nurturing Fathers group starts on March 21st at 5:30PM at our Plymouth office. The Nurturing Mothers group starts on March 14th at 5:30PM at our Plymouth office. If you would like more information regarding the Nurturing programs please contact the Director at 508-830-0000 ext: 16.
Adolescent Anger Management
- This group focuses on assisting adolescents in understanding and managing their anger. The group will work on identifying their anger triggers and exploring their individual coping skills. The group will also address the impact of substance use on anger, ages 12-17. This group has currently ended, however if you would like more information on upcoming groups please contact the Director at ext: 16.
Head Start Behavior Management Group
- This group will focus on social skills, appropriate interactions with peers, emotional expression, and anger outbursts. The group will take place at Head Start in Plymouth and is offered for children involved in the program. This group is not yet slated to start, if you have an interest or questions regarding this group please contact the Director for more information.
GLBT Group at Wareham Family Planning
- This group focuses on support and awareness and issues regarding discrimination, relationships with family, friends and the community. This group will also focus on symptoms related to isolation, self-esteem, depression, and anxiety. This group is not yet slated to start, however if you would like more information please contact, Renee Proctor Clinical Supervisor at ext: 72.