Welcome to our web site! We created this site with you and your child’s health in mind. Connect with us and let us know what you think! Since 1976, our dedicated professionals have served patient families from pre-birth through college years providing comprehensive pediatric services. Tell your friends! Make sure to ‘like’ us on Facebook and sign up for our Soundings Newsletter to keep up with the latest.
The February issue of Soundings just hit the waves. Did you get yours? You can sign up for your personal copy delivered to your email here. Or read it online here. See Valentine’s memories. Get update on the Flu, new Parent tips, lots to do around town and more.
Want to prepare healthy meals? Here is a good grocery shopping list for planning healthy meals and snacks.
Julia tries different vitamin D drops and tells you what she thinks in Julia’s Blog.
Updated: Wareham Pediatrics is part of your community. Bianca Robinson, our Medical Home Care Coordinator, is on top of local activities and opportunities that support your good health. Here are
five six tips from Bianca for this month. Be sure to see our Community Resources section for more local connections.
1) Gateway Dental Associates of Wareham is teaming up with the American Dental Association on Feb. 8, from 9 a.m. to noon, for their second annual Give Kids A Smile Day
Call the office for an appointment: Gateway Dental Associates, 152 High St., 508-295-2111.
2) Gleason Family YMCA offers ‘Yoga for Girls’ class, class for 11-15 year olds on Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 p.m
For more information, contact Don Hartley, youth and teen director at 508-295-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3) During January 2014, the VNA of Cape Cod and the Islands will be presenting a Nutrition Education Series at the Bourne Senior Center, 239 Main St., Buzzards Bay. Registered Dietician and Licensed Nutritionist Amy Rose Sager will present “Reducing the Risk of Diabetes” Wednesday, Jan. 22; and “Cooking for One” Wednesday, Jan. 29. All programs will be from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. These programs are free and open to the public. All are welcome to attend one or all three programs. To register, call the Bourne Senior Center at 508-759-0653.
4) Southcoast® Health System together with Massachusetts Affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has teamed up to bring the NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program to Wareham
Instruction and course materials will be provided free to class participants. Registration is required. For more information or to register, call Margarett 508-693-5872 or Bunny 508-763-0088.
5) Early Pregnancy Education Initiative
Southcoast Health System’s Maternity Services now offers an Early Pregnancy Education Initiative to women who are planning to become pregnant or are early on in their pregnancy. Registration required, Call 508-273-4151
6) Easter Seals offers many free forums on Assistive Technology, presentations are held at 89 South Street Boston MA Ph.617-226-2634 or visit www.easterseals.com for details.
Easter Seals is now taking applications for summer camp for children and young adults with disabilities. The Easter Seals Explorers Camp will be held in Rindge, New Hampshire. Applications, and details are on the Easter Seals website.
For former Happenings, see our Happenings Archive
The providers and staff at Wareham Pediatrics strive to give our patients timely access to high quality medical care delivered in a patient centered medical home.